Thursday, March 10, 2005

I hate Wednesdays

Yesterday started out well, although I did have to wait forever. (The lobby was standing-room only. Kind of depressing.) Got filled up with bleomycin, went to work, etc.

The fun kicked in around 3:30 in the afternoon, when I started to fall asleep at my desk. I'd already arranged for my parents to come by at 4:30 (dinner et al), so I decided to just wait it out. By the time they arrived, I was pretty damned dead.

So I went home, took a nap - took several naps actually, each about 30 minutes long, over a four-hour period - and found out that I had a temperature of 102 degrees. Yee-haw.

The only thing worse than being drugged-out and tired is being drugged-out, tired, and delirious from fever. I don't think I did things last night, but I don't know for sure. I do remember at least one completely incoherent phone conversation with Amy (sorry) and the intention of writing an e-mail to Nick Young (if I didn't: sorry. If I did: very sorry).

The fever broke at about 9:45, I managed to eat a fairly substantial amount of food, and was in bed around 11:15. I slept well enough, although I'm still pretty damn tired.

My question: why do these things only happen on off-weeks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, no email from you. Kind of a shame...I think it would have been a fun one to read.