Thursday, February 10, 2005

I gots holes in my arms

Schedule Change!
Friday, 11 February (tomorrow) is now from 8:30 - roughly 1:30. Which is, all things considered, a good change for me.

Today I had a new nurse: Marilyn Citterman. At this point, almost all of my sessions will be performed either by her or by Julia, which is kind of good because although Nora was nice, she was also very pushy.

We are told that chemotherapy takes its toll on the veins, and this morning I got my first taste of that: it took two nurses three tries to finally get the IV in me. Not as bad as yesterday, when it took four tries and a rather substantial quantity of blood. But I'm beginning to look like a junkie.

Thankfully, I got no Benadryl today, and therefore I do not have the complete dissociation from the waking world that pretty much defined yesterday afternoon and evening.

Oddly enough, this was probably my best day of chemo, besides the IV thing - I've had a stronger appetite than pretty much since my surgery last week, and I'm less tired than after any prior session. I choose not to believe that this means something will come to bite me on the ass later.

No comments: