Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Take me to the Mardi Gras

My nurse today was Julia Kravetz, Dr. Shevrin's assistant. Which may or may not be relevant to anything. However, she did work a hell of a lot faster than Nora did, getting me out after only 4.5 hours.

I'm - substantially - more tired than I was yesterday, which doesn't make much sense, given how much better sleep I got last night than Sunday. But I guess when they're pumping you full of heavy metals, you take whatever side effects you get. I'm thinking about napping, which would be annoying because I had hoped to edit some this afternoon.

Not all is bad news - I got a portable DVD player last night and so was able to watch Kill Bill, the Whole Bloody Thing, although not all of it at the hospital (short session, like I said).

Now the decision - accept the fatigue and nap, or fight tooth and nail to stay awake?

3 comments:

Jack said...

Have you learned nothing from watching Black Mambo kill and be killed time and time again? Perhaps what you need is a really fucking insane katana? That also might speed up the treatment sessions...

Anonymous said...

always choose the "nap" option, i'd say.

what kind of heavy metals are they pumping into you? guns and roses? twisted sister? hey, who wrote the song "hot for teacher"? my mind is totally blanking.

also, this is kate.

Anonymous said...

always choose the "nap" option, i'd say.

what kind of heavy metals are they pumping into you? guns and roses? twisted sister? hey, who wrote the song "hot for teacher"? my mind is totally blanking.

also, this is kate.